Title : Technical Specialist-Economic Evaluation, DAKSH
Organization : FHI 360
Location : India, New Delhi
Duration : One Year (Renewable)
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified and experienced people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply
The Technical Specialist will provide leadership on economic evaluation technical assistance to NACO, SACS, and national institutes; and evaluation of CDC projects.
The Key responsibilities would be:
• In consultation with the Technical Manager, annually identify priorities for economic evaluation, working closely with NACO, SACS and national institutes
• Represent DAKSH in high level economic evaluation related national committees, working groups, technical forums and other discussions
• Develop/Review economic evaluation related training manuals and technical documents. Plan and conduct training on economic evaluation for stakeholders and partners
• Provide Technical Assistance to NACO, SACS, national, regional and state level institutes in conducting economic evaluations
• In consultation with the Technical Manager, plan and conduct economic evaluation of CDC partner projects
• Keep up-to-date on developments in terms of policies, guidelines and developments on all aspects of economic evaluations and analysis, cost benefit/cost-effectiveness/cost-utility, financial analysis, fiscal impact analysis, economic impact analysis, social and environmental impact analysis
• Manage the national and international consultant database on economic evaluation areas
• Liaise with UN, international NGOs, national institutes and other lead agencies on economic evaluation issues
• Participate in Strategic Planning for FHI 360 and DAKSH and the development of DAKSH’s Annual Workplan, Budget, Country Operations Plan, Annual Progress Report and FHI 360 Asia Pacific Regional Office reports
• Perform other duties related to DAKSH as assigned by Technical Manager and Project Director, DAKSH
Education Qualifications & Experience
• PhD or Post Graduate Degree in health economics or a related discipline
• Minimum 5 years experience of project design, monitoring and evaluation including economic evaluation
• A proven track record of publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
• Working knowledge in statistical softwares such as Treeage would be an advantage
• Experience in managing and analyzing large scale data
• Strong analytical, problem solving and writing skills essential
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team
Compensation levels at FHI 360 are equivalent to market rates within the development sector. However, offers shall be based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications.
Please send your resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Medical Advisor
The Centre for Global Health Research (CGHR)
he Centre for Global Health Research (CGHR) invites applications for a Senior Medical Advisor for its projects. CGHR is a non-profit, non-partisan academic research institution. CGHR was established in 2002 to conduct large-scale epidemiological studies in developing countries (www.cghr.org). The mission of CGHR is to conduct high-quality research that advances global health, with a focus on major causes of premature mortality worldwide. CGHR leads the “Million Death Study” which works closely with the Registrar General of India and leading institutions to reliably document the major diseases and the strategies that can be followed to rapidly improve health in India.
Senior Physician – Public Health is sought to work on projects – Million Death Study – verbal autopsy across India, Blood based epidemiological research, field based multi-assay testing in collaboration with industry and international partners, and physician decision making support systems. The preferred candidate will have a strong background in Public Health and experience in management and implementing/operating the projects. The responsibilities include advising on the various training programs; Cooperate with State /central government as well as academic partners; review and approval of unit budgets, statistical and financial reports. This position will be based in Bangalore
• Senior Medical Advisor will work on Million Death Study using verbal autopsy across India working in collaboration with the Government and other partners.
• Physician decision-making support systems, training/retraining content and instruction
• Responsibilities include advising on the various training programs; cooperating with state /central government as well as academic partners; reviewing and approving unit budgets, statistical and financial reports
Skills, Qualities and Experience Required:
• The preferred candidate will have a strong background in Public Health and experience in management and implementing/operating projects
• Ability to plan, organize, assign, supervise and inspect the work of professional and technical personnel
• Ability to recognize problems, exercise good judgments in appraising situations, problem solving abilities and making decisions.
• Ability to express comments and opinions clearly and concisely in writing
• Proven experience in working with the Government.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Requirements:
• MBBS and postgraduate degree in Medical disciplines with at least three years of experience in either medicine or public health
• Experience working in senior management (esp. in government –related or semi-autonomous organizations, NGOs, think tanks, etc.) is preferred
Terms and Salary: Based on market rates, negotiable with experience
To apply: Send a detailed CV with names of 3 references and details of past work to:
National Innovation Foundation, Ahmedabad -India invites applications for the position of Director/Chief Innovation Officer
National Innovation Foundation-India (NIF), Ahmedabad, an autonomous grant-in-aid institution of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India invites applications from highly motivated professionals for the position of Director/Chief Innovation Officer. Those who have faith in the potential of grassroots innovators and are initiative-driven and performance-oriented may apply for the posts.
Name of Post:
Director/Chief Innovation Officer
Scale of Pay:Rs. 37,400- 67,000/- (PB-4) with Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000/-
Essential Educational Qualification:
First Class Masters Degree in Natural Science/Agriculture Science/ Engineering/Medicine from a recognized university.
• Ph.D in Science/Agriculture/ Engineering/Medical Science
• Demonstrated competence in building value chain of grassroots innovation as well as outstanding traditional knowledge; experience in managing research advisory process to prioritize innovations involving top level scientists and policy makers; ability to communicate with grassroots level creative communities and individuals will be equally important; experience in development of action- research proposals for validation, value addition and/or business development and mobilization of funds and licensing of technologies will be additional advantage
For Direct Recruitment
• At least 16 years of experience in R&D in industrial and academic institutions and / or Science and Technology organizations or as faculty/ scientist of recognized national/ international universities/ research institutes/ corporate R&D Labs etc., out of which at least 3 years should be in managerial/ administrative capacity for science & technology programmes, planning and development, budget & finance, coordination and such organizational matters.
• R&D experience in pursuing research, guiding innovation based value addition, business development and scouting and documentation of innovations
For Deputation/Contract :
In case of Recruitment by Deputation/Contract-Scientists or Technologists working in the Central/State Governments/Universities/Recognized Research Institutions/Semi-Government, Statutory or Autonomous Organizations in India,
(i) holding analogous post; or
ii) 5 years regular service in the post carrying pay in the pay band of Rs. 37400-67000+Grade Pay of Rs.8,900/- or iii) 7 years regular service in the post carrying pay in the pay band of Rs.37400-67000+Grade Pay of Rs.8,700/- or equivalent.
b) Possessing the essential educational qualifications mentioned under Essential Educational Qualification for direct recruitment
Five years subject to extension based on the recommendation of Governing Board of NIF
Not exceeding 52 years
more details http://nif.org.in/ADVT_20NO_2003-2011