Thursday, February 10, 2011
Grant for Institute and NGO
Global funds for work in Women - The Global Fund for Women is an international network of women and men committed to a world of equality and social justice. We advocate and work for and defend women's human rights by making grants to support women's groups around the world. It was established in 1987 by Anne Firth Murray, the Global Fund's founding president. Since 1987 they have awarded over $71 million to 3,800 women's organizations in 167 countries. The Global Fund makes grants to seed, strengthen and link women's rights groups based outside the United States working to address human rights issues that include:
• Building Peace & Ending Gender-Based Violence
• Advancing Health and Sexual & Reproductive Rights
• Expanding Civic & Political Participation
• Ensuring Economic & Environmental Justice
• Increasing Access to Education
• Fostering Social Change Philanthropy
Please note that your group MUST meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
• It is based in a country outside the United States. We do not fund US based organizations.
• Its primary focus is advancing women's equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities.
• It is a group of women working together. We do not accept requests from individuals.
• It is governed, directed, and led by women. Women must fill all or most of the leadership roles.
The majorities of grants range between $500 to $30,000 per year for operating and project expenses. First-time grant awards generally range from $4,000 to $10,000 per year.
Types of Grants:
1. General Support Grants: These are flexible, small grants to cover general operating and project expenses.
2. Travel Grants: These are small grants that allow members of an organization to attend conferences and events.
3. Organizing Meeting/Event Grants: These are small grants to support organizations planning a time-sensitive conference or event.
Please send completed applications to:
Program Officer for Asia and Oceania
Global Fund for Women
222 Sutter Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94108 USA
phone: (415) 248-4800
fax: (415) 248-4801
Direct link to The Global Fund for Women: please visit http://www.globalfundforwomen.org/index.php