Friday, October 29, 2010
Research grant for medical students and medical postgraduates
ICMR Postgraduate thesis financial assistant scheme
Indian Council of Medical Research, is a premier and apex research council of India. The ICMR is directly run and managed by Department of Health Research, Government of India. The institute is directly and indirectly involved in formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research in India and also regulating body for biomedical research. The council is running several research programme for students and junior researchers. This is the scheme with title “ICMR Financial Assistance to MD/MS/DM/ MCH thesis programme”.
The aim of the scheme is to promote good quality research in medical colleges of India through the students who are doing postgraduation and thus to improve the visibility and accessibility of PG research to large research community.
Salient features of scheme:
1. Every year 50 students will be awarded with this financial assistance.
2. The council will provide 25,000 Rs financial assistance to the selected postgraduate student synopsis
3. Eligibility criteria: - Medical graduate who is admitted to MD/MS/DM/MCH course in any MCI recognized medical college, who is willing to apply for scheme in time bound deadline, upper age limit – 45 years, candidate must apply within first 12 months of registration in course.
4. The applications are invited twice in a year. The deadlines are 30th of June and 31st December of each year.
5. The application should be duly signed by the guide and the head of institution.
6. The candidate should prepare synopsis on topic with brief introduction, objectives, methodology, design of study, expected outcome, review of literature, ethical consideration, likely outcome of study and facilities available at institution. The student should submit 12 copies of detail proposal.
7. An application of asking financial assistance should attach with CV of candidate, description of proposed research work in 1000 words and honest statement of student about his/her inclination of work in area and research.
For application and more please visit http://icmr.nic.in/icmrnews/mdthesis.htm
Binaytara Foundation (BTF) medical student research grant
The foundation is funding medical student research work. Every year the foundation is inviting research proposal from medical students of India and Nepal. The application deadline for grant application is 31st Oct 2010 for this year. All application received after this date will be consider for research grant 2011. The foundation will give 500$ for each research project.
Salient future of research grant
1. Eligibility – medical students studying in medical colleges of in India or Nepal , one student can apply one per year, student has to write research grant proposal with guide or teacher, institute must support for work and proposal must be approved by institutional review board (IRB) or/and institutional ethics committee (IEC) or equivalent authority.
2. Application must be submit online, for that visit http://binayfoundation.org/application-guidelines
3. The student must have to register to get application.
4. The award will be announced in December 2010 or respective year.
5. The student must have to show that the project will be allowed to be done in institution.
6. Application must include relevance of study in Indian and/or Nepali community, education experience of student, scientific value of the project and research background and experience of mentor or guide.
7. For evaluation of your project, you can download evaluation sheet from download this evaluation sheet
Information Technology and Communications in Health, Canada
Health Informatics: International Perspectives Student Poster Contest, February 24 – 27, 2011 Inn at Laurel Point, Victoria, BC, Canada
Information Technology and Communications in Health (ITCH) conferences have made it a tradition to provide students with the opportunity to present their work, to exchange ideas and research results with each other and with health care, informatics and computer professionals. Poster content can be based on course work, co-op experience, literature reviews or research.
Students registered full-time in related undergraduate or graduate programs are invited to take part in a student poster contest. An independent panel will judge the posters. First, second and third place winners will receive cash prizes ($500, $300 and $200) and a complimentary FULL registration to the conference. Only the lead author on a team poster will receive the cash prize and complimentary registration.
Deadline for the Student Poster Contest: November 1, 2010.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS and DEADLINES
An abstract, no longer than 500 words, that describes each poster presentation must be submitted for review by November 1, 2010.
Submit the abstract in a file that is Microsoft Word for Windows version 6 or more recent attached to an e-mail message addressed to email@example.com. The body of the e-mail must contain the title of the abstract, and the name, institutional affiliation, e-mail address, and voice telephone number of the contact author. A completed registration form and full payment must be received by November 1, 2010. The abstracts will be included in the conference CD-Rom proceedings.
More details are available upon receipt of the poster entry.
ITCH 2011, c/o School of Health Information Science
University of Victoria
PO Box 3050, STN CSC
Victoria, BC V8W 3P5 Canada
Phone: (250) 721-8581
Fax: (250) 472-4751